SIMTECH is a Russian IT company with extensive experience in developing simulators for marine and offshore operations, personnel training and testing systems, and creating innovative software to solve a wide range of problems in the maritime industry.
For over 15 years, our team has collaborated with the Norwegian company Kongsberg Maritime Simulation (Kongsberg Digital AS) in the development of maritime simulators for offshore and crane operations (K-Sim Offshore © and Crane simulator), engine room simulators for various vessels (K-SIM Engine) and additional software systems for vessels digital twins development.
Also, our team has been involved in cooperation with Heerema Marine Contractors (HMC) in the digital twins development of largest crane vessels Sleipnir, Thialf, Balder and Aegir, and software development for HMC Simulation Center, which has no analogues on the market.
SIMTECH is currently developing and implementing its own software solutions on the Russian and global
markets, actively cooperating with leading companies in the maritime industry.
Since 2018, our company has been registered in the Russian Register of accredited IT organizations.
Our Key Work Areas
Our company develops and supplies simulators for marine and offshore operations, personnel training and
We are specialists in mathematical modeling, engineering calculations, and virtual reality technologies.
charts & navigation
- Cartographic data digital formats and electronic charts display
- Navigation route planning, track-control and automatic route keeping
- Development of integrated bridge systems
- Software emulation of ship navigation, control and communication systems
- Repositioning of mobile offshore units, supply operations and maintenance
- Loading and unloading, crane operations and anchor handling
- Rescue and emergency towing operations
- Dynamic positioning of vessels and mobile offshore units
- Pipe and cable laying operations, use of ROV and AUV systems
- Best suited for power management systems, engine & cargo systems
- Panels are cross-platform, latest UI & UX approaches are used
- WEB technology stack, optimized for smart devices
Digital twins of vessels
& onboard equipment
- Drilling, oil & gas production, storage and offloading vessels and platforms
- Vessels for construction and maintenance of offshore facilities
- Semi-submersible and jack-up drilling rigs
- Transport, supply and service vessels for various sailing areas
- Hydrostatics, hydrodynamics, propulsion and steering systems
- Vessel motion and ship-to-ship interaction in real time
- Modeling of ship systems and equipment
- External forces effects: waves, wind, current, collisions
- Specific engineering research and calculations available on request
VR & AR
- 3D models of offshore objects and deck equipment
- Visualization of port facilities and landscape of sailing area
- Support of multi-vendor VR and AR systems
Our company develops and delivers marine and offshore simulators for training and assessment of personnel,
standard operations and emergency training,
offshore operations pre-planning and modeling, proof-of-concept for sophisticated engineering systems in dynamics.
Autonomous ship handling simulation software (ASHSS)
The simulation software package for debugging autonomous navigation algorithms is designed for computer simulation in a virtual environment of navigation scenarios typical for the tasks of towing and mooring ships.Learn more
Operator station for the Dynamic Positioning system (DP Trainer)
The simulator is designed to train the marine specialists to operate the dynamic positioning system (DPS), which also includes the Instructor application, visualization and basic VTS.Learn more
Semi-submersible drilling rig
The simulator is designed to train marine specialists to operate and work at semi-submersible drilling rig without sending trainees to a real operating rig.Learn more
VR: virtual reality simulator for crew transfer from the vessel to an offshore platform and back
Multi-user virtual reality simulator for training of crew transfer to / from a rig to the supply vessel. Personnel is transferred in a special transportation basket by rig’s crane.Learn more
VR: Helideck simulator
Multi-user virtual reality Helideck simulator allows practicing operations on the helideck either on an offshore platform or any vessel.Learn more
Kongsberg Digital (KDI)
Our team has long played a key role in developing IT solutions for Kongsberg Maritime and Kongsberg Digital that have no analogues on the market.Learn more
Heerema Simulation Center (HSC)
Our company took an active part in developing digital twins of the largest floating cranes and preparing of complex offshore operations for the Heerema Simulation Center.Learn more
Modern approach to the software development
Development and post-release support of the company's products are carried out according to latest world-class software development standards, based on the Microsoft Azure cloud platform, using the Scrum methodology and considering the requirements for scalability and reliability, as well as using continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD), automatic and manual testing.
SIMTECH specialists repeatedly participated in local and international exhibitions